Saut au contenu principal
Today in Island History
1864 Somewhere on the highway connecting the Georgetown Road and the Cardigan Road, Terence MacInnis, a farmer from Lot 66, is murdered. Although a £100 reward is offered for information leading to the conviction of the murderer, no one is ever arrested for the crime.
print small medium large 


Events and Exhibits


 All Aboard Days 2018

Every Tuesday from July 10th to August 21st
This is an all in one admission to view the exhibits, and ride the rails on the Miniature Train and speeder.
Adult $12 + HST
Student/Senior 10= HST
Family $30 + HST




Move of the Old Station to New Home in Elmira - June 2016

Once refurbished the building will be used for programming and storage

Elmira Exhibits

Virtual Exhibits

Elmira Railway Museums "End of the Line" exhibit is part of the Community Memories page of the Virtual Museum of Canada. Click on the link to see wonderful pictures of the railway! 

Permanent Exhibits

The permanent exhibit at Elmira contains many items from the retired CN ferry - The Abegweit. For many decades, the trains helped connect passengers to the CN ferries which took people and goods from PEI to the mainland and back. At a time when the trains still ran on the Island, you caught the right train to be on time for the ferry, and caught the right ferry to be on time for the train. 

Bridge telegraph, which transmitted ship speed commands below deck along with the ship's compass

A reflecting kerosene lamp from the Abegweit