Acadian Museum Events and Exhibits
Open House at the Acadian Museum
of Prince Edward Island
The public is invited to an Open House at the Acadian Museum, in Miscouche,
on Sunday,July 2, from noon until 5:00 p.m.
An excellent occasion to visit the wonderful bilingual exhibition %u201FMiscouche of Bygone Days” during the festivities celebrating Miscouche’s bicentennial! Historian Georges Arsenault will be present to serve as guide in the exhibition.
Free admission. Information: (902) 432-2880.
To commemorate the 200th anniversary of the parish of Miscouche (1817-2017), the Acadian Museum presents an exhibition of numerous photos and artifacts from its collection to illustrate the rich history as well as the social and cultural life of the villages of Miscouche and St. Nicholas. The exhibition will be on display until the end of the year.
Summer Exhibition “Miscouche of Bygone Days’’
From l. to r.: Marie, André, ______, Edward, Gérard, Theresa, Lévis.
Collection Thelma Gaudet
Tuesday Talks at the Acadian Museum
The 13th edition of the popular Tuesday Talks at the Acadian Museum will begin on July 4 and will run until the August 8. Three of the presentations will be given in French and three in English.
The first of the popular Tuesday Talks at the Acadian Museum of P.E.I., in Miscouche, will be held on July 4, at 7:30 p.m. This opening talk, in French, will be an occasion to remember Dr. Raymond Reid and his wife, nurse Bernice (née Gaudet) Reid, from Wellington, who contributed to the well-being of their community for 40 years.Their daughters Claudette Arsenault and Cheryl Doucette as well as their nephew Jean-Paul Arsenault will share their memories of this exceptional couple. Members of the audience will also be invited to share their own memories of this country doctor and his wife nurse. Refreshments will be served. Free admission, but donations will be appreciated. Information: (902) 432-2880.
- 4 juillet / July 4 (En français / In French) « Le Dr Reid et Bernice Reid : au service de leur
- communauté » Invités / Guests: Claudette Arsenault, Deanna Gallant, Jean-Paul Arsenault
- 11 juillet / July 11 (En anglais / In English) “Remembering Miscouche of Bygone Days” Invités / Guests: Julia Albert, Armand DesRoches, Cliff Poirier
- 18 juillet / July 18 (En français / In French) « “J’ai eu mon corset et on a mis Eric en culottes” : le journal de Céline à Ben Frank » Invité / Guest: Georges Arsenault
- 25 juillet / July 25 (En anglais / In English) “The DesRoches: An Acadian Pioneer Family on the Island” Invité / Guest: Georges Arsenault
- 1 août / August 1 (En français / In French) « Ce que nous racontent les cimetières » Invitée / Guest: Sally Ross
- 8 août / August 8 (En anglais / In English) “Potholes, Roadblocks and Dangerous Curves: Prince Edward Island and the Road to Confederation” Invité / Guest: Ed MacDonald